Wondering how to spend your Fourth of July weekend? See events, where to buy fireworks, and state park information below!
BROOKINGS 4TH OF JULY PARADE
Celebrate Independence Day with friends and family at the annual Brookings 4th of July Parade. Enjoy the beautiful weather as numerous decorated floats cruise through downtown Brookings handing out candy to kids young and old. The parade begins promptly at 11 AM.
PARADE ROUTE | The parade route starts at the corner of 3rd and 3rd (by the Police Department) and continues to Medary Avenue, left on Medary to 6th Street, 6th Street to Main Avenue then back to 3rd.
Uncle Sam Jam
Enjoy the day with the whole community at the FREE Uncle Sam Jam 4th of July Celebration at the Swiftel Center. Stick around for late night music from The Rude Band and the big fireworks finale. Admission is FREE and open to the public.
- 5:00PM – Doors to the Arena Open
- 7:00PM – The Rude Band
- 10:15PM (approx.) – Fireworks Begin Outside*
*The fireworks are set to go off approximately shortly after sunset. Please note the time is approximate. We will do our best to start around 10:15p.m.; however, please be aware that fireworks may start at a different time than noted and you should make arrangements accordingly.
Date and Time
Thursday Jul 4, 2019
5:00 PM – 11:00 PM CDT
July 4, 2019
824 32nd Avenue
Brookings, SD 57006
FREE and open to the public
See more: https://www.swiftelcenter.com/usj
Looking to head to the lake? Check out these area State Parks!
- Oakwood Lakes State Park (19 miles) See more: http://bit.ly/2Xg4ynm
- Lake Poinsett Rec Area (35 miles) See more: http://bit.ly/2J3UxGm
- Lake Thompson Rec Area (39 miles) See more: http://bit.ly/2XgDwwm
- Lake Cochrane Rec Area (42 miles) See more: http://bit.ly/2FWZ5wj
- Lake Herman State Park (42 miles) See more: http://bit.ly/2LxU8gP
- Walker’s Point Rec Area (42 miles) See more: http://bit.ly/2J2USsQ
Celebrate the holiday weekend with a bang! Find fireworks here:
- Brookings Fireworks Inc. – 1806 W 16th Avenue (US HWY 14 WEST), Brookings – See more: http://bit.ly/2LukD6L
- Taylor’s Cutrate Fireworks – 2612 Main Avenue S., Brookings
- Whistle Stop Fireworks – 21207 476th Ave, Brookings (Three miles East of Brookings on Highway 14) – See more: http://bit.ly/2XgiD9o